Search the forum,

Discuss leaking sight tube Tank Master Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

joni os

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Installed Atkins Tank Master 7 months ago. Client reports leak from poly tube. Only noticeable because level rises when pin pulled out and oil use minimal,(Property empty). Loss about 12mm per fortnight.
When installed poly slid on nipple without heat. Thought of cutting poly off nipple and refix with smear of Stag but unsure long term effect Poly/Stag. Have used jubilee clip as temp fix but note Atkins neither supply or recommend hose clip for this purpose.
Comments please.

Are you completely sure the oil leak is coming from the bottom of the tube?
Very hard to trace oil weeps, as you know, because the kerosine spreads. I have always found the leak to be from the factory joint on standard oil sight gauges where the threaded end of the nipple screws in. The factory seem to use a glue like sealant. I just screw them out and clean the fine threads and use some ptfe tape on it.

Last edited:
Thanks for useful comment. Spares site shows tube nipple with o ring seal and I assumed this would be standard, but revist to Atkins site instructs ptfe seal to thread as per your recommendation. I will follow your advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking sight tube Tank Master Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock