Discuss ladders and working at hight regs.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu3y

just wondering (been doing H&S at college) the working at hight regs 2005 states that ladders cant be used for longer than 30 minutes and if a job is going to take longer than that a platform or scaffold should be used.

what if for instance, the gap between 2 houses was to small for a scaffold or platform, but the job was going to take an hour? is there loop holes for situations like that?

Watch the guttering and fascia boys they use ladders all day long !
They would never get a job if a full scaffold was erected at every job !

is there loop holes for situations like that?

In the real world: get a subby in and pass the buck :lol:

You can get 2ft wide scaffold but they also say working from a ladder is allowed for low risk work (whatever that is) when features of the site mean a ladder is the only possible means of access. Depends on the risk assessment.
Health and safety is all about covering your rse and the bigger the firm the bigger the rse.

Watch the guttering and fascia boys they use ladders all day long !
They would never get a job if a full scaffold was erected at every job !

The ones that make me laugh are the paint the roof guys. They even had them on telly adverts just walking along in their sambas :lol:

Now that roof painting is a joke ?
Normally a local roofer could strip and re roof for less than those lot charge !

If the ladder is properly tied back and you use a harness the ladder can then be defined as a work platform and you can work for longer.

Where can you get a decent flat rung ladder? These horrible square rung things kill my feet! By the way I wear samba.

Whats the longest one that can be used ? Didn't they ban them over a certain length? I remember being sent up one of those wooden trebles which took three of you, it had the old ropes & pulleys to get it up & down.
Were they 21 or 25ft it went up over three stories & move in & out from the wall by 6ft as you climbed up half way. Oh happy (but scary) day's.

P.S. also the old wooden painter cradles in which you place your life in your mate at the other end as you both untied the ropes & pulled (together) yourselves up the building.
We might moan about H&S being OTT but want to go back ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ladders and working at hight regs.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock