Search the forum,

Discuss Juddering pipes when shower turned on - ? Megaflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have an unvented Megaflo hot water tank and ecoTEC plus Vaillantboiler. I also have a traditional exposed shower by Bristan 1901 range.
In the mornings whenthe shower valve is turned to activate the water flow the chrome pipe that isattached overhead to the showerhead briefly judders and a juddering sound can alsobe heard from one or some of the house copperpipes. It lasts a few seconds and appears to happen because of the water is pressure.
The shower and hot water system were fitted for about 2 yearsago and it has been happening for about 10 months(most mornings). But ifsomeone else has a shower afterwards it does not happen.
When I spoke to a plumbing company about it they said it wasbecause of one of the pipes has not be anchored sufficiently and so when thewater is released under pressure thepipe judders. However I am not sure, as it hasn’t always happened.
Want to try and sort it as it can be really loud and wakesme up in the morning. I sleep in loft conversion and I hear it when my frienduses shower below first thing in morning.
I would appreciate your advice
Betty

They are right. You water pressure changes several times a day nevermind over 10 months. You unvented should have a pressure reducing valve that can be dialed down to lessen the pressure, simple 5 minute test that I would do first. If not then getting to pipes which most probably run in your walls and floors but that can be quite expensive. Also if you try turning on the shower gradually that should lessen the vibrations.

Thanks Stanios
I understand water pressure changes throughout day and pressure builds up over night but I still don't understand why it would happen after a year of being fitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Juddering pipes when shower turned on - ? Megaflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock