Search the forum,

Discuss John guest 4 way in line 10mm manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spotted one of the 4 ports on the above FLOW unit is plumbed directly into the RETURN unit. Should plumber not have blanked off the unused port on FLOW and RETURN instead of plumbing them together? Manifold is feeding 3 rads.

Yeah should of blanked them or at least just put a valve in between to be able to balance.

should have said all rads have TRVs so I guess he did this as a bypass in case all shut down.....think ill leave it as plumbed!

As long as he hasn't linked them both together eg flow linked to the return your fine

if he's linked the flows together and back into the flow and same with the return your fine

Last edited:
Shaun, now I'm confused. He has linked the 4th port on the FLOW pipe to the 4th port on the RETURN pipe. The other three ports on both flow and return serve 3 radiators. The system has 16 rads in total served by a number of manifolds.

You appear to suggest what he has done is wrong, May I ask why?

Shaun, now I'm confused. He has linked the 4th port on the FLOW pipe to the 4th port on the RETURN pipe. The other three ports on both flow and return serve 3 radiators. The system has 16 rads in total served by a number of manifolds.

You appear to suggest what he has done is wrong, May I ask why?

Yes wrong unless you put an auto bypass in, if you don't water will take the easiest route and go through the link rather than going through the rads

And if just one blank off, if there's already a auto bypass on

Auto bypass means rad with no trv fitted? Thanks for ur patience!

yes and no thats an acceptable method of a bypass, i was on about one of these

but both methods are acceptable

tower-automatic-bypass-valve-abv--03420658M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to John guest 4 way in line 10mm manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock