Search the forum,

Discuss Jigsaw required, may go for cheapy one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
My Bosch diy jigsaw is on its way out now (Bosch again!) and makes a dreadful noise when used, its about 10 years old though.

I don't think I need to spend £150 as I only abuse them and have a proper circular saw for accurate work, its just to use along side the Fein to save the blade (lifting floorboards etc). I tend to use them like a reciprocating saw if you know what I mean, kind of upside down to hack through floorboards.

That Erbuaer one at screwfix looks okay and has good reviews at £40.

Probably want to spend between £40 and £60.

No point in spending big money on tools that are going to be abused,why by for precision and a brand name on the side ,a cheap one as you say will do the job and many last just as long

imho

I bought the makita in screwfix 26650 page 1002 £60 as good as the more expensive ones and makita quality.

I've got a B&D VPX jigsaw, I find the shape of it makes it more useful then an ordinary jigsaw. I don't use it often though and doubt it'd put up with too much abuse but easier to start cutting then a pendulum jigsaw.

i have a makita variable was about £200 20 years ago, but thats why its still going strong.

before i read the post i was going to suggest the erbauer anyway. these are little known german manufacture trying to take bosch market and have very good gearing and build quality. they do have some faults that materialise before they are redesigned but when you pick one up it just feels right.imo.
apparently, the bnq macalister have also bought some old bosch designs for there gear too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a AEG free from UNIFIX about 30yrs ago, all I had to do was buy about £1000 worth of clips and screws, the jigsaws still going strong and I still have a few boxes of double and single clips!

There is a bogo £20 jigsaw in Screwfix (direct power) and it gets rave reviews, fair enough the thing won't cut a kitchen worktop straight but surley you wouldn't expect to get a decent straight cut with any jigsaw on a kitchen worktop?

Edges I mean, not the sink cutout.

I take the reviews on there with a pinch of salt anyway, there's always someone who can't be pleased.

I've a cheapie £20 JCB jigsaw - done me well for around 3 years - don't use it that much though but always a great tool when I need it.

If I want straight lines I use a hand saw (11tpi) and when I want to saw worktops I score first with a stanley knife then hand saw.

I got a AEG free from UNIFIX about 30yrs ago, all I had to do was buy about £1000 worth of clips and screws, the jigsaws still going strong and I still have a few boxes of double and single clips!

The black ones?
I had 2 of those. Excellent jigsaws. Still got 1 somewhere needing brushes and the other went walkabout.

big diffence with jigsaws between the good and the bad had a b n q special and couldnt cut a straight line with it
then i bought a second hand metabo of fleabay and its great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jigsaw required, may go for cheapy one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would never review a tool on here unless its well tried and tested. So This Bosch mini circular saw which will cut wood, mdf etc with one blade and tiles ..and concrete ! with the other blade. I have had it about a year now and I really abuse this stuff ...used it almost everyday so not DIY at...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively new to install work having been heavily biased to boiler service and repair for the last 12 odd years. I have some powertools, which I've used for the odd install or upgrade, but am finding myself stuck, often, with what I currently have. So I'm after advice. I currently...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock