Search the forum,

Discuss Isolate boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Currently on a council roofing contract were access to properties is an issue, I'd personally like all the boilers isolated (vertical flues) whilst the roofers are doing there business. When we struggle to get access they think it's fine to just start anywhere and have the flues checked as soon as possible.

Been searching through regs to find something in black and white that states they need to be off before work commences but can't find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks in advance

Currently on a council roofing contract were access to properties is an issue, I'd personally like all the boilers isolated (vertical flues) whilst the roofers are doing there business. When we struggle to get access they think it's fine to just start anywhere and have the flues checked as soon as possible.

Been searching through regs to find something in black and white that states they need to be off before work commences but can't find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks in advance
Show them the current gassafe magazine theres an article in there about a housing association being fined for doing similar thing with chimneys

No access to safely isolate boiler, turn off and cap there gas simple and post a letter through door soon allow you access

All meters inside houses though, is there any regs on this, spoke to gas safe tech and they basically said it's up to me.

All meters inside houses though, is there any regs on this, spoke to gas safe tech and they basically said it's up to me.

I wouldn't be happy chancing it

I wouldn't be happy chancing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Isolate boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock