Discuss Is my system fully pumped or part pumped/gravity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wintersun

Hi,

Im just trying to work out if my CH/HW system is fully pumped. Inside the boiler housing, it is switched to Fully Pumped. I have a 3 way port valve fitted to my hot water tank/radiators (shown in photo).

I have 2 water tanks in the loft too. A pump fitted near water tank and another pump fitted near the boiler.
When the CH is on there is no hot water being pumped to my hot tank unless I switch on the HW on my programmer. Do this mean I have a fully pumped system?

Would I be able to change my potterton EP2001 programmer for a EP6002 fully independent HW/CH programmer?

photo3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fully pumped system that you have.

You can have CH and HW on independantly already by the sounds of it.

Can't see any reason that you can't change the programmer (if you are qualified to do so ;) )

Sounds like you have a fully pumped system.
The EP6002 can be fitted straight onto the existing backplate of your current programmer & should only take few seconds to fit.
It will let you have different time settings for hw & ch

you mentioned 2 pumps, what does the other pump do? can you currently run hot water and ch at the same time?
if not then you only have a diverter valve not a mid position valve.
the mid position 3 port valve would have 5 wires and the diverter valve only 3 wires

I can run HW & CH at the same time from the programmer, which gives me running HW at the same time as CH. I have a pump nest to the boiler and one by the HW tank, they are just pressure pumps.

I will check later if there are 3 or 5 wires on my 3 port valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is my system fully pumped or part pumped/gravity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock