Currently reading:
Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire?

Discuss Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hollyoaks777

Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on than a gas fire? My fire is an open coal effect gas fire I can't find mine as it's 14year old. I just moved house last year and brought my Marble fireplace and gas fire with me. I also want to know if I get a new Boiler would my bills be cheaper. I don't know how old my boiler is as it's a council property and it was there when I moved in.

But plumber checked with his supplier and says he has been selling spare parts for it for 10 years. It's a SIME
code: 8104011
Model: Ecomfort plus 30 HE
GC No 47-283-14

I have an extra bedroom in my property and I am downstairs now but the radiator is at frost setting in back bedroom my gas bill is now £61 a month whereas I was only £39 at my old property and I used the central heating a lot more in my old property than this one. I have asked about my relations My sister is only £60 a month and is in a 4 bedroom house of her own up and downstairs 2 adults and 2 kids and she is only £60 a month, my cousin is in a 3 bedroom house up and downstairs and is only £46 a month for 2 adults and a kid. I am in a 2 bedroom 4 in a block house groundfloor with 2 bedrooms of which I don't use the radiator in the back bedroom and I am £61 a month and I am on my own I can't afford to heat the house the way I want to. And I am in debt to the supplier.

And concil have told me I am not getting a new boiler as it has spare parts for it. and it's burning at 29.52Kw and is only a 30Kw boiler. So they told me not to use my gas fire turn all radiators down to 2 apart from Living Room keep it at full. Would a new boiler make any difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it really cheaper for me to have central heating on all day than a gas fire? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock