Discuss Intermittent spark sound from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grifter01

Hi All

I have an Ariston Combi 23MMFI boiler and while it is on, now and again I can hear a spark sound from the unit, it's a single sound not like something is shorting out or continual crackling or sparking. It is separate from the igniter when it goes boof to light burner, it is after that, or between those cycles.

It almost sounds like it is up nearer the flume section. As it said the sound is like an electrical arc spark sound, like you get when testing a spark lead on a car to earth, a sort of snap/cracking sound, once every so often, and only when CH is on.

Any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

G

Without inspecting it difficult to say but I would advise getting a gsr engineer to inspect and investigate

Last edited by a moderator:
I am defo due one of those as who knows when it was last looked at and the house was lying empty for the best part of the last 5 years I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent spark sound from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock