Discuss Info on gas/commissioning of properties I'm working on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J c stokes

Currently working on block of 36 apartments with single meter housed externally of the block supplying the entire block. No secondary meters. A single supply then runs to the apartments teeing off to each individual property with a ECV & test point in each plot.

All the external gas work has been done by another company and now we've come to commission each appliance in the apartments. I've questioned my gaffer about how we go about gas rating, working pressure etc and he said just test at test point in property for working pressure and just flue analysis instead of gas rate.

I don't really like the idea or the way it's been done tbf. Just wondering if any of you guys have come across this set up and how you went about commissioning each appliance in each plot?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

What about with regards to checking working pressure to each appliance? As this installation is essentially one big gas carcass

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

No idea I've not seen the meter as the external work wasn't complete when I was working on there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bearing in mind the total load there and the probable size of the carcass, I keep mulling over whether or not you'd be in commercial territory there! Even with sub meters........

I really mustn't try to think after testing whiskys for oxidation.

With the ECV in each flat you can work on individual flats with a domestic ticket but you'd need commercial to work on the carcase external to the flats.

just treat each flat as a domestic install and treat the ECV & test point in each plot. as your meter and any pipe work outside flat as gas supply as this would of been sized and tested by the installer not your problem unless supply pressure is to low when you install the appliances in which case you report low supply pressure to the installer/suppler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Info on gas/commissioning of properties I'm working on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock