Currently reading:
Indirect system

Discuss Indirect system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ste b

Hi good to be back for tips and advice from the forum,having done a few jobs since completing my c and g course i have not yet come accross working with indirect system,everyone i been to had combi"s and the work has been easy, i know what i about to ask is easy to you guys here but i am just making sure before i do the work,simple washbasin and toilet installation like for like,but having not come accross this type of common house-hold system i just need a little help,i pretty sure i dont have to drain all the cylinder of water to change the hot water taps,my question is about which valves to turn off,am i right in saying turn off the gate valve for the hot water which is located near to the vessel then run the hot water tap till it stops running,also do i have have to turn off the iso valve located in the attic or does that not matter,also do i need to tie up ball cock in loft for cold water draining to change the cw taps and wc,or should i just turn off the gate valve/iso valve located under the cistern.......i know its sounds amatuerish but i never touched this system and to be honest college just showed us how to plumb in a vessel,lol. cheers guys any info appreciated.......

Oh and i worked on my first indirect system since leaving college,which was what this initial post was all about.........

WC pipe looks decent in the photo now!
Still don't like that basin waste pipe with those bends, but not something to worry about.
Glad you are learning & trying to improve.

well done for having the balls to go back and change the pipe

i thought your first effort was great and others will say im mad for that but its the effort that counts

Yes well done SteB looks 100% better than last time ! keep it up , Should have changed trap for white plastic, but somthing to remember next time.:hurray:

Yes well done SteB looks 100% better than last time ! keep it up , Should have changed trap for white plastic, but somthing to remember next time.:hurray:

fanny trap would of been best

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Indirect system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock