Discuss ideal super mexico - how to get heating only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

virgil

Hi - I have a super mexico floor standing boiler with a danfos 3060 timer. heating is pumped and the DHW is gravity. I'm replacing the hot water cylinder with an unvented one (the new one is in in it'snew location and plumbed up to just the shower for now) and for the next coupe of weeks the unvented will run just on the immersion heater whilst I wait for the new boiler. In the mean time I need to get rid of the old tank so I can rebuild that space for the new boiler...

what I need to do is run the boiler for heating only and remove all the old copper around the cylinder (won't be able to get rid of the pipework around the boiler as in the kitchen and a job for a few weeks time!

Can I just drain the old DHW circuit and leave the boiler and controls as is...or does the boiler need to be heating the DHW whenever the heating is called for, as the programmer seems to suggest?

IS there anyway I can get rid of the old DHW cylinder without just turning the old boiler off??

thanks,

virgil

You need the system piping swapped around and more controls added.
Speak to a plumber.

G3.??

"and remove all the old copper around the cylinder"

The above probably includes the F&E and cold feed to the boiler.

Last edited:
if your newcyl is in and working safetly ie a qualified plumber has installed it why do you need any of the old boiler system to work, it just needs to come out and for that you need a gsr techie to make safe the gas then the 2 of you can rip out the old boiler and system simlpe really, why are you faffing about with heating its summer.

I'm g3 certified but DIY...so have installed the new cylinder fine, but need to remove old stuff...don't want to have to rip out boiler just yet as its still cold enough to warrant heating on the odd day here and there...we live in England after all!...

When you say new controller...does the super Mexico respond to two signals? One for heating and one for water? If so, I cold rewire the existing one to run off the water side for the heating and just forget the water??.??

Where do you live Virgil?
I'm worried that I may be living within the blast zone:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal super mexico - how to get heating only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock