Discuss ideal icos HE12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a1y

Got home the other day and the boiler was off, Siemens sender worked and everything it was just the boiler
done some searching on good old google and found that the pcb was faulty as i had no display and boiler want reacting.

some i managed to get a refurbed one last night plugged it all in turned it on and the display worked:smug: but it gave me service code H3:angry_smile: , am i right in thinking that the runner/little black plugs go on 2,3?

so what is H3 error code?? done a search and found its the DHW Thermistor but not 100%

thankyou very much in advance

H3 points towards said thermister:) check the resistance of said; should be between 1k - 14k.

The pins go in the same place as the pcb you removed ... Not sure off hand as the PCB's come with a sheet telling you depending on the boiler :)

where abouts is the thermister? looking on the icos booklet online its doesn't show a dhw thermister ? its show a flow and control thermister and a overheat thermostat.

It's situated underneath - cold water inlet manifold! You may have to remove the support bar, been a while since I've replaced one to be honest so not 100% on that :)

I have had a look under the water inlet and there isn't anything there. I have looked in the manual and it does not show the DHW thermostat

I have had a look under the water inlet and there isn't anything there. I have looked in the manual and it does not show the DHW thermostat
hi this is system boiler and as such does not have dhw thermister,
check that you have your jumpers in correct positions, are you GSR ?

what position should they be in? They are in position 2 and 3. I am not GSR can I not do this myself?

what position should they be in? They are in position 2 and 3. I am not GSR can I not do this myself?

You shouldn't have taken the cover off the front without being GSR

when looking on the net people were said the pcb was just plug n play, the guy in the shop fitted the jumpers to the same position as the old pcb unit . i plugged it in and have found error code H3 , the boiler doesnt have a dhw thermister so im getting stuck now! if i cant do it i will have to get someone in on monday as im not paying a weekend call out charge!

i dont wanna get ripped off so icould do with knowing what the problem is before a gsr person trys telling me i need a new boiler .

its a ideal icos you pobably do need a new one. they are notoriously bad. last circuit board i changed came with instructions on where the pins go, probably worth trying to confirm they are in the correct positions.

yeah ive spoke to ideal and they said that the jumpers are in the wrong place , the pcb never came with the manual ... ideal are a great help lol...

they'd probably be more help if you'd bought the pcb from them

hi are these boilers not system boilers ??

You are dead rght dancinplumba!! SHeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! The ICOS doesn't have the H/W sensor :lol:
I only cottoned on to the ops limted compitence and was dancin around their understanding I didn't take any notice of my own lack of reading skills ... and was working on an ISAR .. hoHum :)

Thankyou for all your help! Iafter a couple hours on the net and talking to ideal and plumbers it turns out the pcb was faulty!! Got it changed and it works fine! The wife can shut up now !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal icos HE12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock