Search the forum,

Discuss I need to find a pipe under concrete in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrankieF

Hi Guys and Gals,
I have a problem, i have a leek within a concrete floor of a clients property, I would rather not dig the whole floor up, and was looking at some of the pipe detectors, I think I will be looking for a pipe at 200-300mm down, has anyb ody got any suggestions of the detector that would be suitable, or has the client gotta bite the bullet........?

Any help would be greatfully received....

cheers

Frankief :shocked:

when you say within a concrete floor of a clients property are you saying its inside the property boundary or under a concrete slab or do you mean its inside a building under the screed, also what sort of pipe is it your looking for is it mains water, domestic hot water or is it the heating system, sorry but need some sort of clarification also how do you know its 200 to 300mm down

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Its inside the building, its the domestic cw and at least under the screed, im sure there would also be a sign of a leak if it was less than 200mm aswell wouldnt there? Its an old building and there is 3 to 4 feet of space under ther floorboards, I have traced the pipes all the way from where it enters the house to the concrete in the bathroom, no other sign of leak. we tried the plumbers trick of shuttiing the stop-cock, cup of water over kitchen tap and got back flow.....no photos at this point though im afraid....

I would get two coat hangers. Bend a 90 in them and walk around the room till they fold in to the middle.

Far short of that it maybe be easier to run a new pipe in as you may open a can of worms when u dig down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries guys, I have suggested that, but really surprised agency would rather have it done the other way. Oh well....dig dig...

When you say "agency" are they taking a cut off the job?

its a managed property, so I am sure this could well be the case. Its gonna be down to the insurers now, will be waiting to hear from them, could be waiting a long time......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I need to find a pipe under concrete in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock