Search the forum,

Discuss I need a new phone but cant decide in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
My old Samsung galaxy S2 drains all replacement batterys dead in 9 - 10 hours, the screen is cracked and the camera lens is scratched so badly I have to lick the lens to get anywhere near a clear picture. I think the cost of repair will outweigh a new handset.

I'm currently being shafted about £25 a month from EE my being on the wrong tariff (signed up to £16.99/month 250mb 500 mins)

I can upgrade early starting this weekend, so before I go into the EE store tomorrow, drop my trousers and bend over a desk I need to do my homework before I'm shafted again, they are all Robin Barestewards.

I want an S5 but will it be cheaper to buy outright and go sim only or go to Carphone Whorehouse (also liars) and get an S5 for £25/month??

Not interested in iphones.

Brought the s5 last week, decided the s6 wasn`t worth the difference. First thing struck me is the super doper camera. Go online and compare the difference between contract and sim only based on 2yrs with whatever your use is per month which you can also find online.

Phil, guff gaff , 2000 mins any network any number . Unlimited texts and unlimited internet .... No contract.... Set up on net to top up every month.

Giffgaff to giffgaff is free and it's 02 network.

Do it online tho! Also if you recommend any one they give you £5

if you go sim only then make sure the new phone is unlocked.

I had the s4 and recently upgraded to the s6 , brilliant phone , I'd defo give it the big thumbs up, camera is superb,

don't get an htc one m8. i prevously had an htc one. both are great but not good for manual labour as tiniest knock on the speaker goes. happened on both.

Another vote for samsung. My work phone is a jcb sitemaster, my personal phone is a samsung note. Wife has an i phone and hates it.

Just dialled 150 from my phone and phoned EE, I have to wait until 29th September before I can upgrade, they told me different in store.

I think I will buy an S5 and go sim only, where is the cheapest place to buy an S5?
The Amazon ones all seem to be dodgy imports??

Phil, guff gaff , 2000 mins any network any number . Unlimited texts and unlimited internet .... No contract.... Set up on net to top up every month.

This all looks good, I may do this and buy a phone from them too and just pay my £47 to buy myself out of ee contract.
How easy is it to switch? do I cancel with ee first?

I need to get a PAC code.

Order a GG sim. Register and use it. When you get PAC code enter on GG website and your "temp" GG number vanishes and your EE number stays. Really simple. EE will give you PAC when you've cleared you account

I decided I didn't want to pay top dollar for a smart phone with features that i'll never use so I went with a Motorola moto g cheap as chips, It's the best phone I've had would definitely recommend one:phone:

My sony xperia z1 has been a good phone and waterproof aswell apparently but not put that to the test.

And will do 0800 and 0845 numbers

s5 is IP67 but no I`m not gonna test that out!

Ingress protection 67....impressive..

I'll stick with Samsung, my S2 taken taken 3 years and 3 months of abuse and punishment as a tradesman so I have no reason to change.

Im about to change mine but dont want a phablet so want a screen under 4.8" I have the samsung s3 mini but samsung pack android with too much crud they wont let you take off so im thinking of getting a Sony xperia z3 compact or the z5 due out end of year early 2016 if I can handle the flaky charging on my samsung till then.

Cant recommend a phone really if you don't like iPhones, but EE are pants and I will be leaving them for Vodafone at the end of my contract. They keep billing me for about 7x as much data as my phone says it's using..

Every Samsung S4 and S5 I've seen people have has failed within about a year.

Spent far too long looking at phones recently.
I decided the best would be the S6 although I doubt Id use 95 percent of its features.
I miss the 3210 with interchangeable covers....
Every Samsung Ive had dies after going for a swim in one of my leaks.
Apparently, S6 can handle lots of water
Got the S3 Mini at the min which is almost impossible to browse the internet on. Could do with checking emails and a decent diary that lets me input work. Most customers text me their details
I like the look of that JCB phone especially if I can do emails with it. And look at nude women.

Im sick of flimsy as anything phones.
Im gonna get me a caterpiller s50
When my contract is up in a month.

Submersible in water an dust upto one metre depth for upto half an hour.

Can be dropped onto concrete from 1.8metres.

For me its a no brainer. Normal phones dont cope well with our trade

Another vote for the S5 here. Changed from an Iphone 5 a few months ago & took me a while to get used to it but love it now. Android is so flexible compared to the rigid & controlling Apple.

On the subject of SIM only deals, I had one some years ago thinking it would save me money but ended up paying more per month as the answerphone isn't included & I use that a lot.

Also Giff Gaff is good. Mrs & both kids have been on it for several years & seems to work well for very little cost.

Im sick of flimsy as anything phones.
Im gonna get me a caterpiller s50
When my contract is up in a month.

Submersible in water an dust upto one metre depth for upto half an hour.

Can be dropped onto concrete from 1.8metres.

For me its a no brainer. Normal phones dont cope well with our trade

Or could it be your clumsy northern webbed fingers?

ive recently dropped ee and gone on a monthly contract with three i dont use a lot of call minutes so went for 200 mins unlimited texts and unlimited 4g internet with a 4gb tethering allowance as i use a tablet on hot spot for work stuff rolling monthly contract and i get to use it in several countries abroad for no extra £20 a month
despite horror stories about three as a network ive had no problems at all as far away as bordeux

none of the gif gaf unlimited internet plans allow you to tether so if you use a tablet on wireless they are not so good we took the grandson out recently and he was using my phone to use his ipad online

I have never and will never buy an apple product.
Samdung have well documented software update issues. I have such an isdue on my s4 plus its too delicate for trade work. So I started.looking at tough phones. Girst loomed at jcb but the cat ones have a spec that is as good as most smartphones do I think im gonna get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I need a new phone but cant decide in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock