Currently reading:
I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking?

Discuss I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kdlang

The condenser pipe was recently re-glued in the loft. We were told to wait 12 hours before switching the boiler back on. We did this but the problem seems to be getting steadily worse. The reason for the fix in the first place was because the glue had melted initially when they installed it and left the house with the boiler switched on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how I can stop the leak? Thanks very much.

Re: I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leakin

K---D---Lang .. Dubious pseudonym!
However KD ..... My experience of condensate pipe and the glue is that its pretty instant, give or take a minute or two! Also I find interesting is that's the pipe in question as been Okay until now!!! Personally I'd be looking for second advice in the 'physical' term!!!

Re: I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leakin

By-the-way - KD... What's the pressure reading on your boiler?

diamondgas - Pressure is reading 1.5? So I take it you don't think it's the condenser pipe? Thanks for the post!

KD --- Don't rule out the condensate pipe ... It all depends on your own instalation. The pressure you mentioed ruled out a few things ... How old is the installation? And WHO told you about the glue ********! ... Basically condensing boilers weep and the condensate takes the tears away...

It was fitted exactly one year ago and has leaked steadily since we got it but we never queried it until recently as 1. My partner has been extremely ill and, therefore, getting it seen to went on the back boiler 2. It seems to be dripping a heck of a lot outside our back door and does not drain away anywhere. We have a constant puddle that is turning green? Anyhow, we got the guy back who sold us the boiler as it is still under warranty. He tried to say it was our pipes and we needed a plumber. However, after he looked in our loft, he said the pipe needed re-glued?

never heard of glue waiting time 12 h --mast be athe new bred plumbers i see here in london Indiancowboys :):):):)

Last edited:

He was the head of the company, an old guy?

sure its a white pipe not copper?.

could also be a cracked con bottle nozzle.

I can"t actually see the pipe on the external wall as outside my back door we have a covering with a hole in it. What does a con bottle nozzle pertain to?

Just double checked pressure and it's actually reading 1

Should I call a plumber or a heating engineer?

sorry busy modding,

it can be one of 3

1 condensate bottle within boiler leaking
2 condensate pipe or joint cracked or loose
3 pressure relief valve in boiler passing.

top up to 1.5bar on dial and monitor for a few days, if pressure loss may be that.

call heating eng anyway as will be able to remedy all faults

one of the guys on here will do it for you if we know wherebouts you are?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks so very much for your posts and help, much appreciated.

kd - It sounds like you need to get back to your installer. I would assume that he installed the condensate pipe with the boiler unless he was replacing a condensing boiler in the first place that had a pipe already installed. A condensate pipe should run to a drain or purpose made soakaway, not leave green puddles :)

what glue was he using ? PVA ??? :rolleyes:

your condensate sounds like it is done wrongly also if it is just discharging onto the floor with a green puddle, this green is no doubt sulphur which is created by the condensation of the gases.

Get someone else in to look at it, where are you ? someone on here might be able to help you out if they are local as Redsaw said

Last edited:

Hi, I called the installers this morning and am waiting on someone coming out. We didn't have a condenser boiler previously, it was as old as the Ark and needed it replaced. They had to disconnect the hot water tank in the loft etc. I have a funny feeling they have just attached an old pipe to a new pipe as it is a town house we live in and the outside pipe is covered by this awning thing. Thanks for all the advice so far people, it's really much appreciated!

I don't know what type of glue he used but my partner said he covered his face with a scarf and the fumes were filling the loft. Can't be more specific as partner is very ill in hospital. We live in Dundee. I do know when they last came, they didn't want anything to do with the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

get this? A man came today from the company who installed the boiler and agreed they hadn't fitted a proper condenser pipe nor a drain. He said the green water was from the sulphur in the gases or the like. Yipee I thought, everyone above had been correct. However, he looked at the boiler and topped it up (I had no clue how to do this), to 2. He then looked in the loft and said the condeser white plastic pipe ran straight into our sewage pipe and out into the main drain. I don't know where the main drain is. He asked if there had been any fittings to radiators put on when the boiler was changed and I said no, they are still radiators since 1984. Next he started looking behind bath and tried to look under shower basin but this is cemented in. He says he now wants to rip up floorboards but will speak to his boss and get back to me tomorrow?

Post up a picture of where the leak is coming from.

Okay, I will go and do that.

Yeah post some piccies up then we should have a better idea as whats going on.

okay Ive taken photos but haven't a clue what the http//: address is?

Easiest way is save on your desktop then in the Quick Reply box click the Insert Image icon (7th from left) and follow instructions. Doesn't take long to upload.

It just asks what my URL is? I have the photos on my desktop waiting?

There's a tab that says Computer and another that says URL ...

P1030958

p1030958

Sorry, no tab saying computer as that's what I have been looking for as I usually upload photos to flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I have switched off Worcester Bosch Condenser but my outdoor pipe is still leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back