Discuss How would you cut a WC pan cleanly in half? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Say for demonstration of the insides. Or would it be too difficult and have to be formed/made that way in the first place?

I know you can drill them relatively easily. How about cutting?

Most pans are made in two sections so may have to be careful not to split the join as is only wetted together before painting/enamelling. Thanks to "How It's Made" on Quest!

.. modern pans are usually one piece moulding (pressure cast) older pans may have the rim made separately but unfortunately never a join down the centre :) a siphonic S trap would be nigh on impossible a wash down p trap woud be the easiest but tricky and dangerous imho. Usually cutaways are done by cutting after moulding and before firing ... way easier :) Try one of the manufactures or colleges or just use a drawing!!!

Score it neatly all round then tap with a toffee hammer. Sorry - couldn't resist being silly ;)

Might be worth trying a Fein Multimaster or similar reciprocating gubbins, but probably not enough reach for the deeper bits.

How about setting it as homework for 365 Drills?

seen my old teacher do this, he put a tile cutting blade on a angle grinder and cut it, i dont know how the bleemin hell he done it but he did lol, i think the tip he said was keep it soaking wet and slow and steady something along those lines.

Can you not get hold of a metal one and cut it with a angle grinder? Stainless Steel toilets are standard in many public buildings and often found in scrappies.

Say for demonstration of the insides. Or would it be too difficult and have to be formed/made that way in the first place?

I know you can drill them relatively easily. How about cutting?

A pumice stone may be beter on the edges if you get that far. Slowly does it :blush5:

A 9" electric angle grinder with a diamond blade would do. If you are only after the one half, then when you get as far as the blade can reach, then cut away the excess from the side, in order to continue cutting in length ways. Would take under half an hour. Make sure you wear eye and protection and a P2 rated dust mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How would you cut a WC pan cleanly in half? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back