Discuss How long without inhibitor? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Quick question on how long is too long without inhibitor?

I'm repiping the downstairs heating and the job keeps growing arms and legs. If it takes me a few weeks to get it all done, draining and refilling with just mains water several times, is that a big deal?

Also, is it OK to shut off all rads except the one I'm working on when draining? Any reason not to? Will it really save any time in the long run?

Cheers,
Dave.

Sealed or open vent ?

You will be fine then as for not fully draining down if you changing pipework best to drain fully if your soldering as you can guarantee it will drip or leak when your about to solder

You should be fine then

Reply to How long without inhibitor? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
N
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain installation and wanted to share some quick tips for a smooth project: 1. Plan Smart: Think about...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
O
Hi all, Hope you're well. Anyone any ideas... randomly 2 of our toilets started backing up when flushed (2 on same stack 1st floor and ground...
Replies
Views
OddJobRob
O
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock