Discuss How do you apply your flux? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
am I right in thinking all those who use the finger method are over 50 or dont have girlfriends!!!!!!!!!!! :)

or my hands and make them fall apart?

Glad it's not just me. Luckilly I've not been sweating many joints for the last couple of weeks and my hands are pretty respectable again.

I'm fine with less aggressive flux's anyway. I've bought a load of Powerflow as I was getting on with that, but they changed the recipe about 6 months back. The new stuff is whiter and less "greasy" looking. Not as good in my opinion. Doesn't turn yellow if you leave the lid off the tub so it's definetly changed.

am I right in thinking all those who use the finger method are over 50 or dont have girlfriends!!!!!!!!!!! :)

With a tub of flux on the bedside cabinet.

Disclaimer: Your imagination not mine.

Eh? What's the reason for this ?

It's to do with future work hardening and material sag over certain lengths of table x, can also lead to dezincification and pitting of brass further down the line if excess flux is pushed into pipe roughly 535mm (21") or longer.

It's to do with future work hardening and material sag over certain lengths of table x, can also lead to dezincification and pitting of brass further down the line if excess flux is pushed into pipe roughly 535mm (21") or longer.

orson-welles-applause.gif

yes thats why its tight but is laco suitable as a lubrcant or should i stick to templars? or is going in dry best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you apply your flux? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock