Discuss Hot water tap trickles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan0904

The water from the hot water tap in my friends bathroom sink trickles out of the tap really slowly, it's got worse over the last few weeks...the water starts coming out of the tap when its turned almost all the way round. Do you think it's a pressure problem? If it is how could this be improved? She said that the hot water tap in the kitchen is not great either. Would changing the tap fix it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Could you give more information please as it could be any number of things. Does your friend have a combination boiler or a hot water cylinder?(usually found in a cupboard). Could be anything from sludge to a leaking pipe, poor head of water, length of pipe run etc.

Thanks for the reply, She has a cylinder in the airing cupboard.

Could be as simple as a tap washer....

If its only just started or recently and all the other taps are ok, then if I were to pop out to you thats the first thing I'd look at. Easiest option first,

thats what i would do,

forget the kitchen tap for the mo and swap the old washer and see if that improves as it sounds like its sticking

Definitely the washer. If the taps are old you can get a set of tap revivers, they replace the whole internals of the tap and the tap heads. Cost about £20 a set and fitting is as easy as changing a washer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water tap trickles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back