Discuss hot water tank overflowing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, hot water tank with the f and e tank as integral part on top. The ball valve has been changed and i believe the overflow is clear yet the hot water is either overflowing the top when hot or high levels of condensation are dripping from the lid. Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? It is just heated via immersions but with no temperature control so could it be the waters boiling over. The level when cool is approx 3 inches from the lid.
Thanks.

Immersion stat is probably faulty. Also make sure the f&e tank water is very low.

Thanks guys do immersion heaters have in built thermostat? Never really had much to do with them.

Yes, they have to have a thermostat or they would boil the water eventually.
The thermostat in recents years must also contain an overheat cut out to prevent boiling water if the stat fails. It is a manual only reset by a tiny 'button'
A couple of deaths occurred in England due to failed immersions overheating

I thought they were just controlled by cylinder stats cheers lads will look to sort that this week.

I thought they were just controlled by cylinder stats cheers lads will look to sort that this week.

Hope you got this sorted ? But If you think the immersions are controlled by the cylinder stat you really need to have a rethink.

Yeah when i think about it logically i know the cylinder stat is used for circuit hot water heating but i trained in system design and install and i am slowly turning my hand to repairs. Hence i ask a lot of seemingly dumb questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water tank overflowing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock