Search the forum,

Discuss Home made suction pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gunner-rob62

Any of you guys out there got any good ideas for emptying cylinders with no access to a draincock!

Syphoning works o.k. when cylinder is on first floor and you don't mind getting an occasional mouthfull:dizzy2:.

I was thinking of cobbling together something with an old grundfos 15/60 and dropping the inlet pipework into the imm htr boss, then connecting outlet to drain hose.

I know the 15/60 is not designed to be a suction pump but if the inlet pipe is short enough I think it should work ( nothing to lose as its an old pump anyway ).

Anybody tried something like this before or got any other tips or tricks?

You can get those little pumps that run off an electric drill.

Any of you guys out there got any good ideas for emptying cylinders with no access to a draincock!

Syphoning works o.k. when cylinder is on first floor and you don't mind getting an occasional mouthfull:dizzy2:.

I was thinking of cobbling together something with an old grundfos 15/60 and dropping the inlet pipework into the imm htr boss, then connecting outlet to drain hose.

I know the 15/60 is not designed to be a suction pump but if the inlet pipe is short enough I think it should work ( nothing to lose as its an old pump anyway ).

Anybody tried something like this before or got any other tips or tricks?

Wet and dry every time. The CH pump is not self priming so probably would not work. If wet and dry not available I fill the hose with water and crimp the end then stick the open end in the tank. Go downstairs with hose then open the end and the fall of water starts the siphoning without a mouthful of old tank water.

I syphon but my mate has a fish tank pump and a rubber tube. Won't go in tapping but will fit through a top immersion boss

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Aqua vac through immersion hole or crack bottom fitting and use aqua vac is the quickest ive found and customer love to see you carrying stuff up the stairs then making noise :)

You dont need to siphon by mouth - just stamp up and down on the hose outside and it will bring the water down. We used to do this tears ago at closed petrol stations that never padlocked their pumps up - 3 fellas stamping on the hose would fill a car fuel tank very
quickly !

Did a cylinder swop for a retired plumber who showed me that one but he called it the snake as he just flicked the end of the hose and out it flowed. got aqa vac on one of the vans but I have never used it but can see it can be a handy bit of kit when needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Home made suction pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock