Search the forum,

Discuss Hive keeps losing signal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a hive installed on my heating system and every now and again it will show no signal...I've changed batteries and moved position within feet of the reciever but yet still it loses signal sometimes. Worked flawlessly for a year. Any ideas?

No Murdoch but you could be onto something...maybe interference you say?

You need a wifi analyzer ....... you can't run them on ios devics

I use Acrylic Wi-Fi Home (free) on my laptop - it will show all the wifi set ups around and which channel they are on.

If you can see that your wifi is on the same channel , then move it away from your neighbours wifi and see it this helps.

Also this "tool" can tell you how strong your wifi signal is ....... so move your laptop around the house ...

Got to be worth a try.

Don’t forget to come back to me if you need the hive booster. It was a known problem with the hive that’s why they were giving them out for free.

It's worked fine for a year or so...looking at local devices using WiFi I've notice a wireless printer so got a funny feeling that could be linked to my signal trouble.

Reply to Hive keeps losing signal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock