Search the forum,

Discuss HETAS registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

Do you have to be HETAS registered to fit wood burning stoves?

i would say yes but i'm not an expert. one will be along soon.

no, but you cant self cert without the qualifications and a registration to a competent persons scheme. you would have to pay building control to come out and inspect your work and sign it off.

without good knowledge simple mistakes can happen, like a flue liner not fitted the right way up, wrong clearances, ventilation, etc....... so if you do fit without being qualified/registered do your studying well and get it right.

Last edited:
basically as aw said the answers no but it does require knowledge and building control coming out to pass your work,dont take this on if your unsure danny more people die from solid fuel fits than gas

Part j of the building regs is a good start point if your looking into whats involved. the area you live/your customer lives in can effect what you can fit also as regards smoke restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HETAS registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hi - I've had some conflicting advice so looking for confirmation please - what size should a heat sink radiator for a log burner/boiler be? I've been told by one installer 10% of output to water and another 20%. I can;t find aything in building regs and can;t find a HETAS document with that...
Replies
Views
G-laaar
G
Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible as the air to water system is a pressurized system and the stove needs to be in a vented system.
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock