Discuss Help with pumping over on incorrect system layout (I believe!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone would need to look at it all, but I think there is nothing too bad about it at the moment that a few modifications won't fix.
It's either do something with the vent/feed, or change it to a sealed system, which is a very easy job & inexpensive.

OK, so if I was to go to a low pressure sealed how would the attached look in terms of the system diagram/setup, again please excuse the ignorance...

pressure.jpg

OK, so if I was to go to a low pressure sealed how would the attached look in terms of the system diagram/setup, again please excuse the ignorance...

View attachment 22250

Doesn't matter mate as you haven't got your unvented ticket

Sorry Shaun don't follow you, where is the issue? Ta

you cant install any thing unless your a certified unvented(low pressure) tech

View attachment 22250

Why ask those details? Get a heating engineer to sort it. The diagram is not strictly correct IMO.
Also, the expansion vessel should be sized just more than required, - not guessed & oversized.

Why ask those details? Get a heating engineer to sort it. The diagram is not strictly correct IMO.
Also, the expansion vessel should be sized just more than required, - not guessed & oversized.

thinks someones trying to do it them-selves

Only on unvented mains units above 15 litre, Shaun.

yea chances are the cylinder is gone/ needs to be changed so thought while the cylinder is out change the whole system to an unvented one, but op can take hes chance with the old cylinder if he wants :D

OK, well I do not intend to DIY but I was trying to gain a bit of knowledge to be able to speak with some limited knowledge to the engineer when he comes out to try and give me some confidence in their ability giving my experiences in the past unless there is some way of recommending someone in N Ireland? Are certified listed reliable?

have you asked friends and family who there heating engineer is/ who do they recommended ?

OK, well I do not intend to DIY but I was trying to gain a bit of knowledge to be able to speak with some limited knowledge to the engineer when he comes out to try and give me some confidence in their ability giving my experiences in the past unless there is some way of recommending someone in N Ireland? Are certified listed reliable?

I don't think it is something that needs any special qualifications or certificates.
In my opinion, getting a good engineer from a list, is just a lottery. Plenty of people have now got qualified, but little experience. And experience doesn't mean honestly.
If you find a tradesman who is honest & knows how to do work properly, - you are lucky.
Try putting your approx area up here & someone might be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with pumping over on incorrect system layout (I believe!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back