Discuss Help required please... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ziggma

Hey guys,

I have a problem with a brand new fitted Ravenheat CSI 85 AAA boiler.

I own second property where I fitted this brand new boiler a year and a half ago. The system was never filled until 3 weeks ago and the pressure gauge does not register when filling. This obviously now will be out of warranty. Would the expansion vessels pressure affect the gauge working and what psi should the vessels be?

BTW the expansion vessel has not been pumped with any pressure so there is no air in it. I am not a domestic boiler expert so any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanx ziggma

Expansion vessels come pre-charged and don't normally require additional pressurisation when new. Optimal charge pressure depends on system volume.

As the boiler has never been filled, it will not have been commissioned. You need to get a GSR engineer in to check and commission it.

I suppose you have checked both isolation valves are open on the flow and return under the boiler.
Failing that call back the installer. It may cost but will sort your issue

Honestly, if you don`t know what you are doing and it hasn`t been used in 18 months then you need it checked over.

It does heat the water but the heating only works when I run the hot taps first so kicking in the pump. With the pressure gauge being on zero the heating will not kick in on its own. All the valves are open correctly.
I never registered the boiler as it is an empty flat where I lived 3 years ago and have just not got round to finishing renovations due to health problems.

And there goes another cretin who thinks forum rules don't apply to him.

Apparently we were no help, this isn't what forums are for, we can stick this one and he won't be back.

No you won't, sunshine.

I've just guaranteed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help required please... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock