Search the forum,

Discuss Help,no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robsparky

Hi everyone,ive jumped across from the sparkys forum,am in a bit of a flap.There was a southern water contractor doing works outside at 5pm,they knocked our door and asked if our water was on,which it was,couple of hours ago noticed that the hot water on our VAILLAINT ECOTEC PLUS combi(4 YEARS OLD)isnt working,heating fine,preheat works ok,but hw demand,just cold,any suggestions please,is it just coincidence,i was thinking airlock or something or some crap gone through the cold into the boiler,i might even try and help you guys/gals with wiring matters in the future,another great forum.

Any red lights?
Have you powered off and back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its the model without the leds,just the display with the 4 grey buttons,display not showing any fault codes,must have gone through a preheat a few minutes ago as says 58c and there is a C under it(preheat on?)when if i hold down the i button it says S30.

Have heating off and water off. Press i on the boiler. This will show the status code with S before.
Now turn on the hot water and watch the codes. You should get:
S10, S11, S13, S14, S15, S16, S17.

There could be a clue in this sequence if it is not sensing demand

S30 just means no heating demand ie no heating commands ie thermostat off.

Just opened hot tap,went from S20-S27 up to 50c but had set to 60c,soon run cold,maybe just running off the pre heated water.

The S20 sequence is warm start. Turn the warm start off. You need to turn the dial fully anti-clockwise to its stop temporarily to get rid of the warm start. Then try again.

Yep done that,not firing,southern water have knackered my boiler

when you turned warmstart off, what came up ? S10 is hot water demand, S11 fan running, 13 ignition, 14 burner fired. Have they came up yet ? or has S10 even came up with warm start off ??

will need to try one last thing then thats me stumped lol

press "i and +" simultaneously until display shows d.0

press + until you get to D.22 which is hot water demand

It should say 1 indicating it is on, if it is 0 then change it to 1 by pressing +

Seems the boiler isnt sensing the hot water demand but isnt showing a fault either

seems to be a fault then with flow sensor on incoming cold main, may have been caused by debris in pipework from work that was carried out. Will have to get someone to look at it as I am not 100% sure

That would make sense,crap in pipe has knackered flow sensor,not sure why it wont go from 0-1 on display,because this part is gone,anyhow youve been most helpful,many thanks.

Hi Robsparky

GQuigley's spot on. The display is not changing from 0 to 1 because it is showing you what the flow sensor is picking up. You turn on the water and it stays at 1, so the flow sensor is not working as it should.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help,no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock