Currently reading:
heating systems with no Drain Valves

Discuss heating systems with no Drain Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
this seems to happen quite alot and it can be a pain, happend to me yesterday and I had to drain down from lockshield valve via a washing machine house into a walk in shower tray, then had to suck the rest of the water out with a wet vac and some cellotape to create a seal lol otherwise I would never have been able to solder the joint, all in all took quite some time :mad:

anyone got some tips or experiences they could share on this situation ?

Just use one of these to drain and then remove and fit a permanent one when empty

339oo6u.jpg

think I'll do the same cheers bronzino, would save alot of time.

great little item, just shows your never to old to learn something new.

easy solution like you come across it all the time , use a serviceman valve with a drain off on other end, drain rad lift off wall then fit serviceman onto valve hey presto a easy made drain off to use anytime .

Normally ill take rad off at lowest point and drain from valve, then recommend a valve with built in drain off fitted for future purpose.

I would normal connect washing machine hose onto TRV/Lock Shield then if needed extend it with washing machine valve, pipe and hose with jubilee clip, assuming the valves have a 3/4" connection but would defo be purchasing one of those self tapping drain cocks !

thats well cool will come in very very help full never seen them but def getting some

If there is easy access you can fit them on the tail under the floor boards - so cant be seen. You know they are there if needed in the future!

If you're lifting floorboards,just cut a pipe and stand back,but don't let the customer see it!And never in a third floor flat!

Top tip: Dont try and cut through heavely painted pipes or you will be sorry, ensure you clean off pipe first. they will blunt up the cutting edge and crush the pipe if you dont.. also dont use them more than once as the self tapping cuttter is only good for 1 job as a rule of thumb.

i have one which does 15 and 22mm, the screws are longer. used it for years with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating systems with no Drain Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock