Discuss heating problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Will Knapton

Hopefully someone can shed some light for me.
I have a oil boiler with a pump and a total of 9 rads in my house,
All the rads work particularly well except the 2 in the living room,
They just don't seem to hold any heat.
They have had new valves, been bled, and I've flushed them out.
I've tried to balance the rads throughout the house which has made the rads hold a little heat
Any ideas onwhy they aren't heating up properly?

Hi there will,, it sounds like a circulation problem your having if by balancing the system you managed to get a bit of heat to them, did you properly balance the system setting it up with the appropriate temperature difference across each one or did you just do a quick balance by turning a couple of lock shields ,,
I would shut every radiator off and leave the two that aren't heating on and try and force the heat to them and that may fix your problem , you may have just a tad air in system ,,

Ok thanks for that info I will give that a go. I did turn them all off
And turned them back on one by one to balance them,
But I didn't do any temperature tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock