Discuss Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jay2

My heating decided to pack up yesterday of all days.
When i turn the heating on nothing happens but the hot water is fine so i dont think its the boiler?.

Ive found the model number of the control panel which is a Honeywell ST699.
But i cant find the model of the Thermostat so can only provide a pic from google...EDIT grr wont let post urls

We have cover so called someone out but to be honest he is as stumped as me and his the expert lol, he has been up and down stairs for an hour, he has left now for parts....new thermostat as he broke this trying to remove the cover and i think he said a Valve, and will be back in a couple of days(his words).

Any of you guys have any ideas i can throw at him on his return?

Thanks

Yes throw a multimeter at him and tell him to work it out.

Should be an easy problem to diagnose and resolve with some simple

Sounds like you have a fully pumped system , the hot water might seem ok as the tank stayed warm or immersions accidently on, is the boiler still heating your hot water if so its either your 2 port zone valve ( if its a s plan ) or might be your honeywell timer, either way the engineer iwouldve thought shouldve sussed it out quite simply , some 2 port zone valves you can manually open and leave open so when hot water is on it heats the rads, if its the timer then not sure if that ones universal but companies who cover folks heating should carry a timmer so in my humble opinion he shouldve fixed there and then as these 2 parts should be in his van , just my opinion jay , its possible he didnt have and this time of year aswell, hope you get your heating back soon,

Hi Kris, yes the water is heating, as its a backboiler i can hear it flame up when turned on, however nothing happens when i turn heating on.

So its the pump? :)

RE- Timer we never use, we just switch it on to "continous", i would test it on timer but not a clue how to set it.

Thanks for the replies btw

depending on your system it could be clock, stat, motorised valve, pump........ the usually culprit is the valve but a few simple tests need to be done to make sure whats failed. does the pump kick in when the hot waters on?

depending on your system it could be clock, stat, motorised valve, pump........ the usually culprit is the valve but a few simple tests need to be done to make sure whats failed. does the pump kick in when the hot waters on?
Bbu and gravity hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back