Search the forum,

Discuss heat outpit of a 24kw boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me with the heat output of a 24kw combi boiler. It says in the ideal manual

Central heating (CH) output is fully modulating with a range of: 24 4.8 to 24.2kW (16,500 to 82,600 Btu/h)

Does that sound right? Its for my NVQ Level 3 portfolio.

So this 24kw combi will heat between 16,500 to 82,600 btus. Seems a huge range can anyone explain this to me?

Which bit do you need explaining?

It does what it says on the tin so to speak.

It has a max and min output, in other words it modulates.

If that's what the MI says.

So, for eg, if you boil a pan of water, you use a high burner to bring it to boil then when it's boiling you turn the gas right down to a simmer.
That's a really crude way of explaining but it's the general idea. The sensors in the boiler decide when it needs turning down.

Is that what you're after or am I off track ?

1. It modulates according to demand.

1. You're looking at it in btus. It doesn't seem that large in kw.

Thanks well the property I am planning for my portfolio only requires 22,889 btus so a 24kw will easily do the heat output

Top tip size combis on hot water outlet eg lpm Also take mains flow and pressure into it also

Thanks yes I know a 24kw is only really suitable for a one bathroom house at best. But I just need to size up the heating for this part no hot water requirement.

So, why if you need only 6.8 kW of heat and no hot water requirements, would you not specify a 12 kW boiler?

So, why if you need only 6.8 kW of heat and no hot water requirements, would you not specify a 12 kW boiler?

Combi boiler , don't make one that small

Not 100% sure but I think Ariston Clas combi you can reduce the heat load down to 5Kw but will still kick in at high rate for hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat outpit of a 24kw boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock