Search the forum,

Discuss Have I got a faulty Kane 458? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a 3 month old Kane 458 which keeps coming up fresh air purge remove flue probe press.

Is this normal for this to keep coming up I had an older Kane 456? Which did do this but only if it had been exposed to high co/co2 readings this just seem to be happening during normal operation. In fact this has happened twice in my last job in 10 minutes!

Sounds faulty
My 455 dies the same if I use it as a manometer for a long time thing switch it to FGA
I guess as the pumps not run for ages

Mine does it also. Normally when I switch from high to low Co test without removing the probe from the sample point. I’m sure the rep said it is to protect the sensors.

Interested to read this thread as I have a Kane 455 and had a similar experience during a service the other day; I had used it to check fan pressure (pump not running) then re-started it to check flue gases with boiler at maximum, which seemed to go OK, then set boiler to minimum and in less than a minute the analyser display was reading something like "CO OSR" alternating with "CO level high" and, even after moving the probe outdoors to fresh air I could not get the unit to shut down... It took around 15 mins before it would switch off.
Appreciate that this is probably a safety feature but, as mentioned above, it is not helpful when trying to set air/gas ratio!

I am guessing from Harvest Fields comments that this can be avoided by allowing the unit to run in fresh air in between testing at maximum and minimum rates? Also seems that there may be some connection with the fact that it had been used as a manometer prior to the flue gas test...?

Fairly sure that the readings were spurious on minimum rate (machine reported CO in excess of 400ppm!) as everything measured on max rate was more or less textbook (CO2 9.3%, CO circa 30 ppm).

The unit has come back from it's annual calibration at Kane in the last week too...

also does it if its been on for a long time eg to restet itself

Reply to Have I got a faulty Kane 458? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock