Discuss Halstead Ace 30 HE combi hot water not getting hot enough? changed diverter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alastair

Hi, so got called out to a halstead ace 30 he combi, with fault code f1 - over heat fault. Only happened when the heating was on and then hot water called off. So the boiler was sensing the flow and lighting but the heat was staying in the boiler and over heating. So changed the diverter 140 quids worth, worked great for 2 weeks, then got called back as no hot water. took the diverter out to see if it was switching which it did, then re fitted it and now its switching but there must be heat going into the heating pipes still as the hot taps not warm enough still? Can any one help me out on this? Cant be a faulty new diverter can it?

I'm not overly familiar with the boiler, but could the plate heat exchanger be partially blocked? DHW thermistor? Whats the flow rate on the taps when you are testing the hot water?

me neither but sounds like a blockage does that boiler have any filters on the flow and return and is pump okay

bin it mate I had problems with one recently with pump halestead pump was £160 .diverter motor about £110 diverter full assy £180 you could out weigh the cost of a new boiler . you could try de scaling the plate.

Hi, so got called out to a halstead ace 30 he combi, with fault code f1 - over heat fault. Only happened when the heating was on and then hot water called off. So the boiler was sensing the flow and lighting but the heat was staying in the boiler and over heating. So changed the diverter 140 quids worth, worked great for 2 weeks, then got called back as no hot water. took the diverter out to see if it was switching which it did, then re fitted it and now its switching but there must be heat going into the heating pipes still as the hot taps not warm enough still? Can any one help me out on this? Cant be a faulty new diverter can it?

If it is the boiler I am thinking the diverter motor is under the pump held in with one screw and it clips out and the air vent is above the pump.if this is the case what happens the AAV drips out a very small amount of water that drips down on the diverter motor and then seizes up and if it is in the HW position when you call for heating has no where to go except plate heat exchanger the last one I did I put a new AAV on it but also put some silicon tube on AAV to discharge away from any electrical parts in case of any future water discharge.it is a bad design and a Expensive motor at £140
The first one I did had 2 new motors on it in two weeks,someone may say I should not have added tubing to AAV I am happy to take responsibility for the work I carry out.as we all should hope this helps.

If it is the boiler I am thinking the diverter motor is under the pump held in with one screw and it clips out and the air vent is above the pump.if this is the case what happens the AAV drips out a very small amount of water that drips down on the diverter motor and then seizes up and if it is in the HW position when you call for heating has no where to go except plate heat exchanger the last one I did I put a new AAV on it but also put some silicon tube on AAV to discharge away from any electrical parts in case of any future water discharge.it is a bad design and a Expensive motor at £140
The first one I did had 2 new motors on it in two weeks,someone may say I should not have added tubing to AAV I am happy to take responsibility for the work I carry out.as we all should hope this helps.

the one I had the flow pipe connection was dripping only at certain temps onto the pump replaced pump and it faulted again 2 wks later then exchanged pump and it shorted after 6 wks it was then I returned to look and saw the weep.diverter was also on its way out. city plumbing spares quoted trade moter £140 / complete pump and housing with diverter £180 / pump alone £160

When the motor has gone it will not move you can test power to your motor you should get 240volts for 5 seconds when calling for hot water then the same when calling for heating

halsteads sell cheap but parts are a horror, sometimes cheaper to buy a new boiler for the parts, they were going for £400 or so a while back in my merchants, being as theres 2 in my flats i almost got one till they all went to a builder.

Thanks for the help, flow rate at the outlets is good, and yeah it is the model where the diverted is under the pump. Will try the technical support when I go back there but called it once before and had a huge phone bill the crafty *******s! It seems like its gota be the diverted but I just changed it, am I missing something obvious?

from what you said in the first post did you only change the diverter motor ? the completer diverter assy comes with the pump assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead Ace 30 HE combi hot water not getting hot enough? changed diverter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock