Discuss gsr inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got a visits from my local inspector in couple months time which I think comes across as coincidental as recently had couple awkward custs and a dispute over couple other bits Bob's.

Was half expecting this but also has been a while since last inspection(few years)

Has anyone else had probe with custs then a letter turns up from gas safe

Expecting a grilling but maybe being paranoid

I reported a load of illegal work in costal installations, I got inspected and he got a letter as he wasn't on the register !

Just seems odd mate and letter states test on technical knowledge not that I'm bothered last time turned up had yap and cuppa lol

Yeh I got the same. Turned up I had ecv capped and boiler off the wall. He asked what I was doing....... Was a system swap he had a yap and that was it.

I had a tenant complain and wanted compensation because they had not heating for 6 days 2 weeks later I had an inspection. Same as normal really apart from I had a pig of a job (flue in void signs of leaks and not properley clipped) he said it was because of the complaint I told him what I did there and that I was the one that fixed it and he said he thought she was just trying to get some money. Or you may just have a normal inspection and they will cancel it 2 weeks before and rebook it. I'm still on probation but they haven't been out to inspect me 2 cancelled though

Iv also been told that ringing GSR too frequently triggers a site visit as well. Several people have mentioned that.

I had to call them the other day regarding non return valves. Not only did the guy I spoke to confirm my suspicion that they were still required in certain situations but also pointed me to a couple of companies that I could get replacement units from.

If I wasn't sitting down I would've fallen over......

Youl be fine mate just blether a heep o tosh and youl be in his world,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gsr inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock