Discuss Grunfos mains water booster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sparkypaul

Hi all

has anyone had experience fitting this unit and is it any cop

my current pressure is 12lps/2bar and my plumber has suggested one of these but hasnt personally fitted one

Many thanks in advance

I havnt fitted one only a salamander homeboost which would be no good for you as you already have the same as what that would put out and a charger unit to charge accumulators which takes a lot of space up and is expensive. DAB pumps do a booster which does look a good bit of kit have seen it at trade shows and can be sited anywhere, even 8meters above the cwsc feeding it.

to be honest with you, what you have got i would be looking at the size of the incoming main and whether that needs upgrading, not getting into pumps.

Is there a reason you need to boost your mains? hold your thumb over the kitchen tap and see if you can hold it without spraying the kitchen.....are you looking to fit an unvented cylinder ?...regards Turnpin:punk:

Ive fitted the grundfos UPA15-90 water booster onto an incoming well supply that had not enough pressure to travel up to a loft space so fitted the grundfos and it was spot on,, just had to fit a float switch on storage tank as this pump only had one purpose which was to pump water to storage tank,

Hi all

has anyone had experience fitting this unit and is it any cop

my current pressure is 12lps/2bar and my plumber has suggested one of these but hasnt personally fitted one

Many thanks in advance

I'm assuming you mean 12 l/min as 12 l/s is an incredible flow rate. I've not fitted the Grundfos Home Boost but Lowara do a similar unit which I fitted to a property with very poor flow rates and it was brilliant. The unit has the footprint of a washing machine and sits around 5 feet tall.
Resvari & Resfix | Xylem Applied Water Systems - United Kingdom

The property I fitted it at was suffering from very low pressure as well as flow rate though. With a pressure of 2 bar i would be looking at fitting an accumulator in preference to a pump set/

Hi thanks for the replies so far

maybe ive been unclear on the pump, it is a grunfos booster pump within a 200/180 litre storage tank, its within a grey housing and comes in 3 or 4.5 bar versions/230v ill try and post a link up

yes i am having an unvented cylinder system fitted, as currently have an open vented tank in eaves but having a loft conversion and need the space

i think upgrading the main is a good deal of expense and hassle and was why my plumber was considering this unit

and yes pressure is 12lm not second :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grunfos mains water booster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock