Discuss Grundfos upa 15-90 booster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

foley

Hi thier, I fiited a grundfos booster today to the mains supply to a top floor high rised flat 13th floor, And yes i did have Approval to fit it,

The pump works fine when you use the cold sink tap and cold basin tap, The problem is the shower does not start the pump when you turn it on, The shower is a redring selectronic (NEW)

if you turn the shower on you get very low pressure as the boosters not kicking in, but if you turn on the basin tap for a couple of seconds and turn it off again the that turns on the booster and it stays running for the shower, I have checked the shower filter and it's clear, The shower supply pipe is also just a newly installed,

Any idea why the shower not turning on the booster it's self? Could there not be enough flow rate for the booster to start?

Cheers j

Not enough water flowing through the shower to kick in the flow switch.

Not enough water flowing through the shower to kick in the flow switch.

That's what i thought, Just thought i'd post it up to see if anybody else had a different idea, In the manual it shows the pump plumbed up to a shower,

You could piz more than runs through most electric showers. Give grundfoss a ring. They may have a solution.

these pumps are good but intended foe showers run off a combi or cyl; NOT electric showers.

these pumps are good but intended foe showers run off a combi or cyl; NOT electric showers.

Is there a shower i can fit of mains supply that has low pressure, The flat has stoarge heaters and a pulsa coil for the hot water, So there's no storage tank i can connect to for a pumped shower,

The pulsa coil gives mains pressure hot water so why not fit a normal shower mixer valve ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos upa 15-90 booster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock