Discuss GRANT Air Source Heat Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alibryant69

hi i have just installed to 15kw grant ashps to a 16th century manor rebuild and a grant 26kw oil boiler to meet the demand for heat and water when the ashp's dont meet the demand, the whole systems set up correctly through a low loss header in the basement... but my problem is the air sources are drawing close to 300 amps when the start up, this spike happens at least 30 times a day and everyone else in the area has problems with their lights etc when this happens, the electric board are now threatening to cut the power to the house... when we went back to grant they didnt have a clued and kept fobbing us off with excuses like they have come out to look at it when they havent and they are making something to fix this??? which if they havent looked at the ashp's how can they know??? has anyone else out there had any similar problems?? many thanks alastair

are you sure youve got that right 300 amps equates to 69kw on a 15Kw heatpump. If so tell grant to remove it immediatley refund your money and give you some compensation for your electric bills

Started current if DOL can cause the initial current inrush to be 6 - 8 time FLA you could reduce this with a soft start by about 50 %

thank you just for the record its not on my house but the customers i installed it in but thanks has anyone used these grant aronas before??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GRANT Air Source Heat Pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back