Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Google,taking over the web in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

Google seems to be talking over the world and in doing so starting to control the net
I am beginning to find it annoying
I have just searched for an intrigued shower/pump unit and got nearly a page of sponsored links, which would not be so bad but not one of them did or had anything to do with pumped shower units
All price comparison sites and do you want to insure your shower pump ect
I am trying to use other search engines now, trouble is you keep getting Google in your face everywhere and easy to be lazy and let them take control
But at this rate within a few years they are going to control a lot of highway information, what we see and what get pushed back to page 100098
If they are not careful their success could be there down fall but probably peoples laziness will allow them to be led and another great media will be destroyed
Anyway that’s me rant for today

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on where you have searched from.

If you search from Google, you will get 2 or 3 sponsored links in boxes above and to the right of your search.

If you search through something like the BT homepage search box, you will get LOADS of sponsored (paid for) links.

Thats because the provider is getting money for any clicks through to those adverts.

Also, google uses various clever mechanisms to select what pages are higher up its 'not paid for links', but as webmasters figure them out (even though they change all the time) they get exploited and you end up with the wrong sort of results for a straightforward search.

The google developers community try to keep on top, but if they put really hard rules in place, it would restrict newer sites from getting anywhere in the rankings.

We engineered our site so that it responds to certain key search strings and we're doing really well with relevant google traffic. I cannot see the point of trying to drag in visitors to a heat pump site who are actually looking for car shampoo.

I agree with you, why do they bother?

no point in worrying about, thats life. its all true many lies told to us and nowt we can do about it, you could always check out the conspiracy pages or even tpuc.org i no longer pay my tv license thanks to them and am thinking about the council tax theory. on the down side knowing what they say is correct, i know we as a civil society would collapse if we all did the same. roll on december 22nd 2012.

yep, it's all a con. Did you know that nostradamus predicted the existence of google?

Or have I been on the furniture polish again.....

There are plenty of other services you can use for anything and everything that Google does, so if you don't want them to have your data, just dont use them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Google,taking over the web in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock