Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm Micron 50FF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have a customer who is really having some bad luck with his boiler. Over the past 2 years I've replaced 2 PCBs and a Gas Valve. There were other issues but not regarding the boiler itself. Tonight I have received a call about the boiler cycling on and then going off but both lights are flashing. I haven't attended yet so can't acertain the pulses . My question is, is there an issue with these boards? I seem to change plenty of them. Does any one know what the hell a blocking error is and the fix?
I'll keep you posted.

Yes they do , do boards. Took one out before xmas and it had 3 boards in last year. Its now in the skip where it belongs

From memory glowworm advise changing thermistor with the new board.

was being the word to describe to the customer the need to replace it

Update. Small leak from flow return pipes in rear making it's way to bottom of case via a conveniently designed hole. Board looks dry but there is water in bottom of case. Hairdryer magically done the trick. The only solution is to remove boiler from the wall and make good connections (unsurprisingly the install has prevented access).

Last edited:
Change the fan like many simple boilers the fan motors resistance reduces and fries the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Micron 50FF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock