Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glow worm compact electronic not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alphamike

Hi guys. my friend has a glowworm compact combi and its taking ages to heat anything up. All lights are lit so no apparent faults, pressure is 1.5bar so ok there. Both HW and CH are set to max temp. The boiler appears to fire correctly when the hot tap is used it has to be on realy low and takes ages to reach even a warm temerature. The heating also takes ages to heat up and doesnt get to a decent temp at all. any ideas on what could be up? or is there any simple checks i can do?

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like you have a burner pressure issue, 1st thoughts? That would be my first port of call, make sure you're getting the correct burner pressures :)

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I have rated the buner and is running at 22mb with a drop of 2mb to 20mb while running. this seems to be within tolerance. however i did try increasing the HW burner pressurejust a tad during operation and the burn rate stayed the same with no visible increase in the pilot view port!

confusing to say the least. The CH does get hot but not "banging" and it takes about 1.5 hours. where as the HW bearly gets warm even if you run it for ages.

right. seems to have packed up altogether. showing red light constantly and scorch marks on the PCB. guess it was on its way out will have to replace it.

a current problem couldnt have burned out the pcb could it?

If it's cut out all together that makes it much easier to trace the fault IMO ... Will the boiler not re-set?

The boiler goes to the red light and shuts off. reset doesnt work straight away but if you leave it off for an hour or so it will come back on with a green light. :S

My train of thought is moving more towards a possible pump/circulation issue 'alphamike'... It sounds like the boiler may be over-heating? You need to really see what the burner is doing regards supply, be listening to whats going on and checkig flow/return temps sensor values etc. to determine the reason for the poor performance.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm compact electronic not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock