Search the forum,

Discuss General problematic jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambed84

Gas Engineer
Had a problematic tenant Thursday.
It's 1815, supposed to finish at 5.
On entry to the property for a service, I see a greenstar and cooker and ask the usual, any problems or smells of gas?
The occasional wisp near the cooker was the reply. On tt lost 5.5mb, tested twice, cap cooker point, no drop on re test. Service boiler, break news, tenant goes mad issue notice and I leave.
Friday I get the news she'd phoned transco, reporting smell of gas. They capped the meter finding 5.5mb drop on test.
Another engineer from our company goes out. Reinstated the supply, without the cooker, no drop. (Clearly transco didn't test, just went off my warning notice) But has to re carcass the property due to smell being reported. Meanwhile she says she disgusted with me as I kept looking at my watch! Needless to say I was carrying out various timed tests.
Once the new pipework is installed, cooker reinstated and 4.5mb drop is found.
Few times have I felt so vindicated!
What problems have you guys encountered?

Turned a Worcester BOS off for a service back in March , it wouldnt come back on , customer blamed me , loads of arguing, WB came out put a board on it and I paid half of their invoice .
Never been near one since and never will again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General problematic jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock