• Thread starter buckley plumb
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 87
  • GAS fire

Discuss gazco riva vision fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

went to service one of these today fitted into a fire place its a log burner looking fire .the fire is fixed to the flue liner with a ridgide 1m section of flue and all sealed with the plate etc . the chimney is lined as its a new house and the chimney is made for a solid fuel fire . the instructions said 6" side clearance to combustable materials less to non combustable - this fire was 4" each side - the draught diverter is at the rear and doing a spillage test involved using mirrors to see. my question is how the hell do a flue flow it as the fire cannot be removed due to the flue and register plate . tried putting a smoke pellet into a piece of 22mm and pushing that up the draught diverter but that was impossible . manufacturer said remove the complete fire :-( . anyone fit these or come across them.phto ttchedcoalsremoved fo cleanin

Attachments

• photo0697.jpg
    photo0697.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 31
Is there nowhere to perch the pellet inside the fire? Above the rear insulation panels? I've seen a few fires like this and there is nae chance I'm taking that out lol!! You're just asking for problems. Put the pellet at the back and put the glass on, it should pull fine anyway. I check with a smoke match first just to be on the safe side.

Watch the ventilation on the Gazco's many of them need a vent.

3.6kw mate - it had internal baffle heat exchanger tried putting one I but no joy.all the othrsi have done by other manufacturs are easy no exchanger and front or side draught diverter .

3.6kw mate - it had internal baffle heat exchanger tried putting one I but no joy.all the othrsi have done by other manufacturs are easy no exchanger and front or side draught diverter .

3.6kw Haha, do you not know manufacturers instructions overrule British standards

Can you feel round the back? About half way done is were to stick the pellet. If you get a pair of grips and use them for the pellet and lean over the stove.

Can you feel round the back? About half way done is were to stick the pellet. If you get a pair of grips and use them for the pellet and lean over the stove.

felt around the back ended up putting pellet in a tube and feeding it into diverter .the only problem was by the time I got the pellet up there smoke was in the room as acces was that tight - some instructions the manual that the customer had 2012 version did not even mention spillage test or where to test - phoned them and they said it was in there -then the apology -sorry sir or manual is 2013 that manual didn't have it in - fancy printing one with out vital info :-(. the maual even said 6" either side but can be reduced .6" you need nearly 14 to yet your head around the back.

Access door on the ridged pipe would have help you. Sympathise if it has not got one an absolute pain. I've used a pipe with the pellet on the end and a big bulldog clip to hold it in place under the draught diverter.

Sometimes if access is difficult, you can lie down and were the gas valve is you can stretch your hand over it and up

But the case is hot when u trying to get arm into draft diverter. What long thin arms you have!

Or open door shove in two pellets light and close door?

Doors held on with screws so not an option and just wear a jumper covers your arms:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gazco riva vision fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Ladies/Gents, I'd appreciate some advice myself on this one! Went to a inset gas fire today to do a service. Took the fire out of the brick...
Replies
Views
E
Removed old Rayburn 3 years ago, wife bought a gas stove, cast iron open flue jobbie to finish room as looking to sell house. Brick chimney all ok...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock