Discuss Gas volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barronbathrooms

I have won the contract for the installation of 3 central heating systems in a doctors surgery which spans across 3 separate buildings. All 3 boilers are to be fed from a u16 meter I have done all my gas calculation and will have 0.055272 meters cubed of gas in the system. On a domestic ticket I can only test and purge up-to 0.035 meters cubed. My question is can I split the pipe work by isolation valves and test separately so I can sign off the job with my domestic
ticket!

From what I can remember I'm almost positive that you can.

its a new one to me ill be honest but you would still have to do a TT including the meter so for me im going with a no , but i stand to be corrected

As far as I know, and there is some conflicting info about this, commercial premises = commercial tickets regardless of what is being fitted (or that's what i was told when i did my acs last)

The only difference between Dom and com is size of install.

For eg. 40kw Dom boiler. Domestic
47kw. Commercial

IV <0.0035 domestic
>0.0035 commercial

Meter u16 or smaller. Dom
U25 or bigger. Com

As far as I know, and there is some conflicting info about this, commercial premises = commercial tickets regardless of what is being fitted (or that's what i was told when i did my acs last)
There is no conflicting info in this respect that I am aware off.
As simon states diference between domestic and commercial it is to do with pipe size, meter and appliance size.
I have worked in Doctors surgery's, hairdressers and various shops on various domestic boilers.

have just pulled out gas manual it says [when existing pipework is to be extended. The total volume of the new and existing sections has to be less than 0.035 m3. So therefore, you could not put a manifold in as you suggested. Might be possible to get someone with a commercial ticket to sign off gas pipe work.

Thanks aqua logic7, my friend has his commercial ticket do you think gas safe would let me add him to my registration? When it was corgi I had 2 friends on my registration even though they worked for different company's.

You can have any eng on your ticket. It's just if the eng wants to be

I kno it's a stackable offence in big to have other registrations

Thanks aqua logic7, my friend has his commercial ticket do you think gas safe would let me add him to my registration? When it was corgi I had 2 friends on my registration even though they worked for different company's.

I was told If you have any one else on your ticket, you have to inspect there work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock