Search the forum,

Discuss Gas rating an appliance in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi apologies of this has been asked before but when you gas rate an appliance and trying to compare to the technical data, do you go off the Domestic hot water input as that’s a higher figure than the central heating max? ThanksF9707567-103D-4A4A-ABB1-166A7B65660F.jpeg

You need to run at as high as you can get it by whatever means. e.g. on a Vaillant you would set it to P1 to run at Max rate, either on heating or DHW.
Using DHW will allow a continuous run so long as the flow rate allows the boiler to lose enough heat.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I went out and did a vaillant the other day, stuck it on p1 and then 100 for max. But when I was trying to do the gas rate at the meter the boiler stopped firing up halfway through doing it?

If it’s up to 91 degrees, or there about, it will stop, and start again once temp dropped. Next time try P1, running the dhw tap and turning the room stat to max, it might work, it might not. If you’ve a partially blocked heat exchanger then it’ll get to temperature quicker and take longer to cool down.

Reply to Gas rating an appliance in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock