Search the forum,

Discuss gas leak head scratch!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mylesy

anyone else had this?? done a tightness test. there is a small drop. isolate appliences and when i get to the boiler and isolate it, it stops dropping. so iv found the culprite. open the valve again just to see it drop again for confirmation and its all ok???? probably re-greased itself or something, but it makes you paranoid then!! haha

it was, then when i reopened the valve there was no leak anymore? crazy! did it a few times just to check but nothin. wierd! iv had it before with an ECV letting by. i turned the ECV on then off again and no more let by.

i know it happens but it makes you scratch your head!! like you imagined it or something!

best way to be , accidents can happen when we get complacent

I've had it where the pilot hadn't shut off properly on a boiler. Whenisolatedit sorted itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

only posible if pipes are still hot , never do tt when pipes are hot !

thats pretty obvious, but not only possible if pipes are hot. theres quite a few situations this can happen. slight tear in monometer tube at the end, then when you push it on past the tear it stops. (this would obviously get noticed eventually and rectified) or like mike jackson says with a pilot. even tempremental solanoids. etc etc

good one bod! even seen an unsoldered joint holding with just flux, scary!!

I've had it where the pilot hadn't shut off properly on a boiler. Whenisolatedit sorted itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was gonna ask if the boiler has a pilot light. Its the only thing I can think of which could explain what you experienced.

Carried out a tt round a customers house prior to starting work, they had a big drop. I rechecked the boiler was off and asked the customer about other appliances, after isolating the gas fire / hob/boiler and checking the meter. I was getting set for capping the supply, the customer remembered she had a second combi upstairs in a cupboard.

no but iv seen gas escape through the actual valve around the slot of the isolator before. i think i re-greased it when i turned it.

Carried out a tt round a customers house prior to starting work, they had a big drop. I rechecked the boiler was off and asked the customer about other appliances, after isolating the gas fire / hob/boiler and checking the meter. I was getting set for capping the supply, the customer remembered she had a second combi upstairs in a cupboard.

did the carcas hold after that?

turned out fine it was a big house that had been converted to flats then reconverted to a house with two combi's

I was gonna ask if the boiler has a pilot light. Its the only thing I can think of which could explain what you experienced.

no but iv seen gas escape through the actual valve around the slot of the isolator before. i think i re-greased it when i turned it.

had quite a few like this on the old baxi three-way taps - almost seemed a bit prone to it. maybe it was the heat etc where they were, all that expansion and contraction, plus drying the grease out I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas leak head scratch!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock