Discuss frost stat.... and room stat wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handsomejackuk

Have a Ferroli Domi compact 24b.. with the integral thermostat, and timer...

i have run a wire out from pins 1 and 2 external stat... now if this wire is shorted it brings on the boiler regardles of whether the boiler is on override...

what i wanted to know..

was

Where the boiler is located, is a utility room.. and does get quite cold in winter.. so was going to wire a frost stat in parallel with a room stat the frost stat will be located where the boiler is... and the room stat will be in our living room... if my room stat is turned right down... because the frost stat is in parallel this will kick the boiler in too.. if temp gets below the set level...

then i f the room stat is turned up.. when we get home this will take priority over the frost stat...

does this sound like a good setup...???

Yes, but the regulation require that you do have a time control on the heating as well as a thermostat.
Can I also suggest that you use a pipe stat wired in series with the frost stat, to break the circuit when it reaches 40-50 deg C & locate it on the return pipe back to the boiler.
In this way the boiler will not keep firing to heat the house rads but still keep boiler & pipes frost free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to frost stat.... and room stat wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock