Discuss From MegaFlo to Combi - do I now need a water softener? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cronshd

Further to my last thread about Megaflow/unvented etc, we have decided instead to go for a Combi boiler, which seems to be suitable for our needs (2 people in a bungalow).

(This followed long discussion with the plumbing team and builder on pros and cons).

One thing that they raised at the end of this was that because we live in (very) hard water area we would be best served with a (Bosch) Water Softener - as this would be best for the boiler.

Can anyone provide some input on this? Is this the best approach? Is the Bosch Water Softener the one to go for? How much should it cost?

Thanks! D.

there are many different makes, best just google it and contact the makers direct. there worth having tho. if you have faith in your plumber go with what he says .

yeh a combi is fine for 2 people and a bungalow. make sure you use a water softener, there are many from as little as 30 quid to 100s pick a gud un.

oh, a water softener is expensive, you only need a water conditioner

Some boilers (eg worcester bosch) don't like softened water, as aluminium heat exchangers can react badly with softened water.
If softened water has been used to fill the system it can void the boiler guarantee.

Get your plumber to check this - he may need to run a non-softened supply to the filling loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to From MegaFlo to Combi - do I now need a water softener? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back