fitting new rad in porch

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Banks

Hi guys looking to fit a new radiator in our front porch hoping to feed off the front lounge one - is this that stright forward or is there a little more to it.

Surface mounted piping - new little 2 x 3 rad - 10mm pipe at present

Its on a conventional system so total drain down and new inhibitor but believe can introduce this into the tank

Any further advice please

at same time might aswell put trv's on all rads

Difficult to say as I don't know what your lounge or porch look like. In theory, yep you could tee off existing rad to feed the new one. Some points to consider, what is your porch made of? Look at heat loss etc, also I would not put TRV's on all rads unless you are sure there is a system bypass somewhere, otherwise leave the bathroom rad without a TRV.

You also need to consider if the system can cope with another rad, plus 10mm pipe can look awful surface mounted as it bends all over the place.

I woulnt tee into 10mm pipe,can you not trace the 10mm back to the manifold or larger pipe and attach it there

thanks guys advice taken on board and will look at tracing back and bypass

If its a porch and they get cold - like 2 or 3 sides open why put a rad there to freeze up ?
or make the heating come on ? pop a lecky one on - on a frost stat/timer - only wrks when needed

no probs with frozen water etc.

centralheatking

I woulnt tee into 10mm pipe,can you not trace the 10mm back to the manifold or larger pipe and attach it there

agreed 10mm to one 15mm for to 3 22mm for all is how i was drilled as a young pup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back