Search the forum,

Discuss fitting a flue liner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

Hi,

This will be for my own fire, I have checked the manufacturers instructions and ordered their flue adapter for the bottom which I will seal around with cement or rockwool.

The chimney stack has been taken down, the flue runs up to just below the roof so I am installing a liner through the roof with a lead slate. It will be a 5 inch and 5m long as it is in a top floor flat. The flue is not shared with anyone else.

What materials do you use to seal the liner around the chimney or lead slate?

Also, would I still need a clamping plate and where would I install this at the top?

I am gas safe registered with 8 years experience and just read through the relevant parts of 5440-1 to brief myself but I have never installed one before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to read the BS again, if the chimney stack is down you won't be fitting a liner through a slate piece

Yep I realise that now thanks, I've picked up the flue liner from whiteside chimneys ltd and picking up the solid flue pipe and adaptors I need to go through the roof with. The chimney stack ends just below the roof where I will install the clamping plate and adapt to the solid pipe. I know from 5440-1 that the terminal must be 1500mm from the pitched roof but I think this pipe will take it above the ridge anyway, I'll find out when I pop the slates up over the weekend.

Cheers.

if the pipe is going above the ridge you want it 600mm above the ridge to the end of the pipe(excluding terminal)
and securing it "properly" in the loft is where i would say we see most of the faults when inspecting

OK Cheers. Yes I have read about the 600mm above the ridge or 1500mm from a pitched roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting a flue liner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock