Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Faulty shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seb.Pickering

Hi peeps

have a friend who says when he pulls the cord to turn on the shower, it throws the breaker on his rcd board. The thing i find weird, is that he says it doesnt have its own breaker, and thats its wired to something diff ( cant remember what)

am i right in thinking it should have its own fuse on the rcd, and one around the cord??

When the shower cord is pulled all electric to the house is cut.....

Any help would be great

thanks
seb

as you say it should be on its own fuse. you don't need another one near the cord switch.

with out finding the full info we don't know whats going on.

Right thats what i thought.

He tells me its has got its own fuse, but its blowing the main rdc

So in this case would i be right in thinking the shower fuse in the rcd board may be incorrectly wired/ bad earth or just broken.

The shower is a 'electronic red ring'

how old is the shower ?

one of the most common reasons for the rcd tripping is one of the heating elements has blown.

has it been working ?
could be the fuse is under sized or cable under sized.
but i would say more likely a fault in the shower.

Thanks for the info. He said its been tempermental, like turning it to cold did the oposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock